Weekly study3 hours
Managing Company Culture Whilst Responding to Environmental Challenges
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Explore the effects of internal and external factors on company culture
This short course offers junior and middle managers and entrepreneurs the chance to learn how to influence, protect, and promote a good company culture by using analytical tools and frameworks, leveraging strategic planning tools, and mapping environmental uncertainty.
Upskill in organisational culture theory
Company culture not only shapes the way things are done in an organisation, but also the cultural dynamics of a company.
On this course, you’ll explore what organisational culture is and have the chance to learn how to use strategic planning models to better understand how a strong organisational culture is created.
Discover Hofstede’s cultural dimensions theory and the 4 types of organisational culture
You’ll be introduced to the four key types of organisational culture, and explore how to analyse them.
You’ll also explore Hofstede’s five dimensions of culture and consider the company leader’s role in positively influencing company culture.
Consider how environmental uncertainty affects organisations
There are many different external and internal environmental factors which can influence organisational culture.
After comparing the internal with the external environmental factors, you’ll explore how to identify impactful micro and macro environmental factors and how to map this uncertainty.
Learn how to do a SWOT analysis and PESTEL analysis
The final steps of the course will introduce you to both the SWOT and PESTEL analysis technique.
The SWOT analysis for identifying an organisation’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, and the PESTEL analysis for identifying and mapping the effects of external factors on a company’s culture.
- Introducing organisational culture
- Explore how to define organisational culture
- Four cultural types
- Consider analysing cultural types
- Hofstede’s five dimensions of culture
- Explore how to assess cultural dimensions
- The leader’s role in creating a positive culture
- Explore influencing an organisation’s culture
The internal with the external environment
- Explore micro and macro environmental factors
- Consider mapping out environmental uncertainty
- Explore resource dependency theory
- SWOT analysis
- How to develop a SWOT analysis
- Limitations of a SWOT analysis
- Why use a PESTEL (political, economic, sociological, technological, ecological and legal)?
- PESTEL analysis
- Explore megatrends
- Undertaking a PESTEL analysis
- SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis
Date to be announced
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate organisational culture
- Compare the internal with the external environment
- Produce SWOT analysis
- Produce PESTEL analysis
- Evaluate competitive positioning
- Evaluate approaches to competitiveness
- Produce a customer-focused approach
Who is the course for?
This course is designed primarily for junior and middle managers and entrepreneurs, and aims to equip them, upon successful completion, with practical business management skills and knowledge surrounding organisational culture theory.
What software or tools do you need?
No specific software required.