Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Introduction to Marketing: Fundamentals of Marketing
Kick start your career in marketing
In today’s digital age of social media and online advertising, marketing skills are essential for businesses to grow successfully.
On this two-week course, you’ll learn the core marketing fundamentals, the marketing mix, and how to put them into practice within a junior marketing role.
Explore the importance of communication plans and how to build them
Once you have the core principles of marketing, you’ll look at communications planning; a key part of marketing strategy.
Using practical examples of communication plans, you’ll develop the foundations for comms planning and how to write marketing briefs that tie into your plans.
Brand Identity: what is it and why do companies need one?
Many companies now have entire Brand teams within their Marketing departments. Brand identity is becoming increasingly important, and having the right guidelines and creative assets is key.
You’ll cover what brand identity is, as well as the basics on visual and linguistic creative assets and how to manage them.
Discover how to optimise marketing campaigns with the right marketing metrics
Campaigns make up the core of a lot of marketing activities, so to get the most out of your time and budget, campaigns should be optimised.
As part of this course, you’ll learn how to calculate a range of metrics that you can use to optimise your marketing campaigns.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply the fundamentals of good marketing in your context
- Apply and analyse the use of brand guidelines
- Learn how to write great briefs, crucial for any marketing campaign
- Calculate a range of metrics you can use to optimise your marketing campaigns
- Understand the importance of putting your customer at the heart of what you do
Who is the course for?
This marketing course is designed for anyone looking to enter a career in marketing and covers the fundamentals to get started in the industry.
It’s also suitable for existing marketers wanting to refresh and improve their skills and knowledge.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends