Learn mindfulness techniques to reduce stress and improve performance
Stressed by the pace of modern life? Mindfulness might be the answer. Research shows that when you’re not deliberately paying attention to something, your brain goes into default mode causing increased anxiety and poor communication. Mindfulness can help end this unproductive behaviour. In this online course, you’ll learn how to incorporate mindfulness practices into your life, to reduce stress and improve your personal and professional life.
What topics will you cover?
- The problem of unmindfulness
- Research on mindfulness
- Mindful stress reduction and managing emotions
- Improving work and study performance
- Mindfulness in memory and learning
- Cultivating self-compassion and emotional health
- Mindful communication
- Relationships and empathy
- Mindfulness as a way of life
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the causes of stress in your life
- Experiment with a range of mindfulness techniques
- Develop a range of mindfulness techniques that are effective in your life
- Evaluate the impact of a variety of mindfulness techniques
- Reflect on your experiences in a personal mindfulness journal
- Model a more mindful approach to work, study and life
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone, because everyone can benefit from mindfulness. No previous experience of mindfulness is required. We will explain how mindfulness works, but above all this is a practical course. We will ask you to explore different mindfulness techniques and reflect on your experience.
This course is not designed to be therapeutic for significant health problems so if you have any concerns in this regard then it is recommended that you speak to a suitably qualified health practitioner.
Who developed the course?
Monash University is one of Australia’s leading universities, ranked in the world’s top 1% by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. It was established in Melbourne in 1958.
- LocationMelbourne, Australia
- World rankingTop 80Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLmindfulness to talk about this course on social media.