Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $64
Musculoskeletal Health: A Public Health Approach
Using the evidence to inform public health policy decisions for good MSK
Having and maintaining a healthy musculoskeletal system is crucial for your overall health. So, what public health approaches can policy makers and organisations take to ensure that for everyone?
On this three-week course you’ll learn about the importance of maintaining good musculoskeletal health. Discover data, evidence, and resources that help prevent some conditions and injuries to the musculoskeletal system.
Learn about common musculoskeletal conditions
Find out what medical diagnosis are most commonly associated with musculoskeletal problems. Discover what a healthy musculoskeletal system is like, and what factors affect its wellbeing.
Prevent musculoskeletal problems with early intervention
To avoid the pain and disability musculoskeletal conditions can cause, the best approach is to prevent it. This course talks about how people can get ahead of musculoskeletal conditions, and the importance of early intervention when your health is at risk.
Learn about the connection between musculoskeletal health and mental health
There is a growing evidence of the links between musculoskeletal health with mental health. This course will explore the correlation and causation of mental health in individuals with musculoskeletal pain. You’ll also receive useful resources on prevention, early detection and intervention and promotion of wellbeing throughout.
Learn with Public Health England
This course was developed by Public Health England, a leading group of experts on musculoskeletal health. Rely on their experience and expertise to deliver an informative course, thanks to their collaborative network, researched data, and relevant partnerships.
- Musculoskeletal health across the life course
- Predisposing factors associated with musculoskeletal conditions
- Actions that can help prevent and manage musculoskeletal conditions
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Appreciate the whole system approach to MSK Health
- Recognising musculoskeletal conditions as prevalent across the life-course not just as conditions of older age
- Exploring the impact of musculoskeletal conditions on the health system and the wider society
- How collaborative partnerships in support of MSK Health can lead to improved outcomes
- Identify the risk factors to MSK Health and what interventions work to mitigate those risks
- Recognise the value of early intervention
- Understand the reciprocal relationship between musculoskeletal health and mental wellbeing, and the wider multi-morbidity
Who is the course for?
This course is great for anyone who wants to learn more about the musculoskeletal system and how to prevent its conditions.
This can include health professionals, policy makers, clinicians, academics, third sector organisations, and those who want to improve their own health can all learn from this course.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.