Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Network Security and Defence: Security Architecture
Explore the importance of layered network security
It’s important for anyone working in network defence management to understand security architecture, because it allows you to segregate differing trust domains via security devices.
This course will explore anti-virus software, malware protection, cryptographic techniques and applications, intrusion detection systems configuration, testing and maintaining firewalls, access control, network hardening and wi-fi security.
You will have the opportunity to grow your understanding of how these elements work together to create a secure network, and how you can apply the theory to real-life situations.
Explore network defence devices like firewalls and anti-malware systems
This course explores and analyses various management tools and techniques. You will come to understand that any single defence is likely to fail at some point. That’s why layered defence is necessary.
You’ll look at defining trust domains, zoning, security protection and how to implement security requirements.
Explore how to maintain network defence operations
During the course, you’ll also study maintenance and response strategies, and explore holistic approaches to network defence management, as well as maintenance, monitoring, resilience and redundancy and testing.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an understanding of the layers within a network defence management architectural framework
- Explore the implications for both physical and logical defence strategies
- Demonstrate an understanding of tools and techniques to manage the crisis event and maintain business continuity
- Identify how to close a crisis event
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to build their understanding of cyber security and network defence management.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends