Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Introduction to Network Security and Defence
Explore the importance of network security for an organisation
Cyber security is crucial for most organisations, which is where network defence management comes in. This two-week course is designed to provide you with an overview of network defence management in context, and you’ll learn how to prevent cyber attacks.
Delve into the inner workings of cyber warfare
This course will provide you with an insight into the threat cyber warfare really poses to organisations, and you will have the opportunity to look at state hacking, cyber attacks and counter attacks. This gives you a chance to put your learning in context and understand exactly what you’re up against in network defence management.
Explore cyber security in the UK and beyond
You’ll have the opportunity to look at network defence management in context, which includes cyber threats in a UK context. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to evaluate the international landscape, including relevant policy and legislation.
Discover what a cyber security career entails
This course is designed to provide you with an overview of the threats cyber warfare poses, with a national and international context. This will help equip those looking to develop their cyber security career or start working in network defence management.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of network defence management
- Demonstrate understanding of the effects of inappropriate network defence management
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to develop their understanding of cyber security and network defence management.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends