Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Network Security and Defence: Network Environments
Explore a range of stakeholders and regulations that can influence defence
Global connectivity requires organisations to consider who they connect their networks with, what data they hold and who else can access it. With this, comes risk. In this short course, you’ll have the opportunity to learn how to successfully evaluate network risk and create secure networks.
Explore network risk management
A network defence manager must be able to assess the risks to a network, manage them appropriately and understand that not all options are negotiable.
This course will develop your knowledge of what to consider when it comes to network defence management and the regulatory requirements that organisational networks must comply with. This includes the physical elements and organisational factors, such as connectivity, budget and risk and response.
Consider the implications of different network environments
Key to this course is introducing network environments, which generate large numbers of security events and log data via firewalls, network routers, servers and anti-malware systems.
Deepen your learning with network security case studies
In the second week, you’ll have the opportunity to add real life context by looking at case studies of four different councils, and see how your learning so far relates to these examples.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an understanding of the external networks that influence the organisation's own network defence requirements
- Demonstrate an understanding of environmental and physical risk to the network and appropriate defence controls
- Assess the risks to the network and be able to justify the level of response/control
- Demonstrate an understanding of the types of data held in an organisation's network and therefore the required level of defence
- Assess the regulatory and international standards to determine the impact on the defence choices for the organisation’s network
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to build their understanding of cyber security and network defence management.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends