- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Network Defence Management: Network Environments
Explore a range of stakeholders and regulations that can influence defence
Global connectivity requires organisations to consider who they connect their networks with, what data they hold and who else can access it. With this, comes risk.
Explore network risk and how to manage it
A network defence manager must be able to assess the risks to a network, manage them appropriately and understand that not all options are negotiable.
This course will grow your knowledge of what to consider when it comes to network defence management and the regulatory requirements that organisational networks must comply with. This includes the physical elements and organisational factors, such as connectivity, budget and risk and response.
Understand the implications of different network environments
Key to this course is introducing network environments, which generate large numbers of security events and log data via firewalls, network routers, servers and anti-malware systems.
Deepen your learning with case studies
You’ll have a chance to add real life context by looking at case studies of four different councils, and see how your learning so far relates to these examples.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an understanding of the external networks that influence the organisation's own network defence requirements
- Demonstrate an understanding of environmental and physical risk to the network and appropriate defence controls
- Assess the risks to the network and be able to justify the level of response/control
- Demonstrate an understanding of the types of data held in an organisation's network and therefore the required level of defence
- Assess the regulatory and international standards to determine the impact on the defence choices for the organisation’s network
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to build their understanding of cyber security and network defence management.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Develop the essential cyber security knowledge and skills you need to prevent, detect and recover from network security incidents.