What topics will you cover?
- The changing landscape of genomics: From Sanger sequencing to Next Generation Sequencing
- Overview of Next Generation Sequencing platforms and their methodology
- Targeted resequencing
- Alignment, variant calling and annotation
- Other applications of Next Generation Sequencing beyond DNA sequencing
- Next Generation Sequencing in gene discovery
- Gene discovery in the research and diagnostics
- Next Generation Sequencing in clinical diagnostics: Single gene, gene panel sequencing, exome and genome sequencing
- How to design a gene panel
- The 100 000 Genomes project
- The transforming NHS: Genomics in mainstream practice
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $109 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLgentechNGS to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course