What topics will you cover?
- The changing landscape of genomics: From Sanger sequencing to Next Generation Sequencing
- Overview of Next Generation Sequencing platforms and their methodology
- Targeted resequencing
- Alignment, variant calling and annotation
- Other applications of Next Generation Sequencing beyond DNA sequencing
- Next Generation Sequencing in gene discovery
- Gene discovery in the research and diagnostics
- Next Generation Sequencing in clinical diagnostics: Single gene, gene panel sequencing, exome and genome sequencing
- How to design a gene panel
- The 100 000 Genomes project
- The transforming NHS: Genomics in mainstream practice
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for scientists and healthcare professionals with an interest in obtaining a postgraduate-level understanding of genomic sequencing technologies.
If you are completing both Genomic Technologies in Clinical Diagnostics courses, we recommend that you complete Genomic Technologies in Clinical Diagnostics: Molecular Techniques first.
And if you are new to the field, we recommend that before you start either course, you complete The Genomics Era: the Future of Genetics in Medicine – the first in the Genomics in Healthcare program from St George’s.
Who will you learn with?
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £79.00
Statement of Participation £34.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLgentechNGS to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course