Develop your Norwegian speaking and listening skills
Build on what you have learnt in the Norwegian for Beginners 1 course and develop your Norwegian communication skills.
On this course, you will learn to speak in more complex sentences and describe other people and objects. You will understand how to use Norwegian past tenses in conversation and talk about what you have done and why. You will also cover grammar rules including the inflection of adjectives and subordinate clauses.
Whether you’re looking to move to Norway or simply learn the language, you will feel more confident in using basic Norwegian by the end of the course.
What topics will you cover?
- Actions in a timeline: Past tenses and future
- Describing persons and objects: Adjectives in indefinite and definite form
- Prepositions and adverbs in time and space
- The why and when of actions: Introducing subordinates
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply basic knowledge of Norwegian grammar to read and write simple texts and understand and produce very simple sentences in oral communication
- Reflect on one's own language learning finding appropriate learning strategies
Who is the course for?
The course is aimed at English speakers who want to learn Norwegian and have completed the Norwegian for Beginners 1 course.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #LearnNoW2 to talk about this course on social media.