Learn to make healthier diet choices by examining two different diets
Your diet can make a big difference to your health. That’s why it’s so important to consider the value of different diets from around the globe.
On this course you will explore the science and benefits of two well-known diets: the Mediterranean and Okinawa diets. You will learn the main components of these diets and how to prepare simple recipes. You will also consider what makes these diets healthy, and how they affect the body.
- Scientific backgrounds of the Mediterranean and the Okinawa diets
- A deeper insight into each type of diet with regards to their healthy aspects
- Healthy source of proteins
- The secrets of carbohydrates and oils
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Summarise the characteristics and benefits of the Mediterranean and Okinawa diets
- Identify health-related properties of foods central to the two diets
- Describe the importance of healthy food frequency consumption
- Design at least one simple healthy recipe of one of the course diets
- Reflect that there are many kinds of healthy diets and that these may be composed by using different foods and cultural approaches
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in maintaining a healthy diet, you don’t need any previous experience.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLunderstandingdiets to talk about this course on social media.