Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $49
Understanding Mediterranean and Okinawa Diets
Learn to make healthier diet choices by examining two different diets
Please note this course runs without facilitation
Your diet can make a big difference to your health. That’s why it’s so important to consider the value of different diets from around the globe.
On this course you will explore the science and benefits of two well-known diets: the Mediterranean and Okinawa diets. You will learn the main components of these diets and how to prepare simple recipes. You will also consider what makes these diets healthy, and how they affect the body.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Summarise the characteristics and benefits of the Mediterranean and Okinawa diets
- Identify health-related properties of foods central to the two diets
- Describe the importance of healthy food frequency consumption
- Design at least one simple healthy recipe of one of the course diets
- Reflect that there are many kinds of healthy diets and that these may be composed by using different foods and cultural approaches
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in maintaining a healthy diet, you don’t need any previous experience.
The Educators won’t be able to join the discussions themselves or respond to individual comments, but the course encourages a strong learning community. The learning is focused around debate and discussion – supporting other learners, sharing your own experience and knowledge, and listening to new perspectives. We hope that you will enjoy interacting with and learning from each other in this way. Don’t forget to comment, reply to other learners and ‘like’ comments.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.