Learn how a healthy microbiome can combat disease
The microbiome – the microbes that live within the human body – can have a huge impact on human health. As such, it’s vital to understand the complexity of the microbiome, and how it can impact on disease and wellbeing.
On this course, you’ll go on a fascinating journey into the human body – down to the gut – where the ecology and roles of the human microbiome will be narrated.
You’ll explore how your microbiome changes throughout your life, reflect on the role of food in its modulation, and explain the functions the microbiome has in the gastrointestinal tract in daily life.
What topics will you cover?
- The human microbiome, role in human health and how it changes during life
- How can we determine our gut microbiota
- The role of food and lifestyle in the modulation of human gut microbiome
- The human microbiota and prevention of diseases through microbiota-directed foods
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe how the human microbiome changes throughout the human life
- Reflect on the role of food in the modulation of human microbiome
- Explain the functions that human microbiome has in the gastrointestinal tract
- Reflect on the links between human microbiome and diseases
- Discuss the topics of the course and their relationship with daily life
- Assess the complexity of the human microbiome communities
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in subjects related to the human microbiome, how food can influence it, and how this resultantly impacts on human health.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: