Website marketing describes the range of inbound marketing activities designed to promote and increase traffic to a particular website.
Inbound marketing brings customers to your business. You create and share specifically designed content for potential customers to ultimately attract them to your online business.
As a small business owner there are a number of ways to drive traffic to your website:
- Use SEO and PPC search engines
- Provide interesting and useful content
- Develop an email campaign with links to particular pages on your website
- Devise a shareable link for use in social media channels
- Partner with other industry vendors for visibility in established high traffic sites
- Develop an online community/forum
- Mention influencers across your social media platforms
- Develop custom blogs and be visible on blogs that interest your audience
- Connect with those who are already mentioning you within blog sites
- Frequently post interesting content on your website and social media platforms.
With customers more empowered than ever before, website marketing enables a small online business to gain awareness and potential sales leads by creating and sharing specific content of interest to your audience.
Capitalising upon the resources you currently have, website marketing is a critical tool for any small business entrepreneur!
As a customer, what inbound marketing do you respond well to when shopping online? Share your preferences to the Discussion area below.
© RMIT University 2017