Learning Online: Managing Your Online Identity
Many of us now have an online identity running alongside our everyday lives. In this course you’ll consider your online presence; you’ll discover how what we say and do online can have major implications for our real lives, and those of others. You’ll also spend time looking at how to assess and enhance your online identities to ensure that you can get the most out of being yourself online.
This course is just one of a series about ‘learning online’, which introduces you to the essential skills and tools you need to study effectively online.
- Evaluating your current approach to managing your online identity
- Your online presence: defining how you want to appear and what you want to advertise
- Defining and applying a personal code of practice for online communication
- Building your profile: creating and promoting content, and crediting the work of others
- Your billboard: boosting your online identity using social media tools
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess your current confidence level in managing your identity online.
- Reflect on your current approach to managing your identity online and discuss with other learners.
- Explain how an individual’s actions online can have both positive and negative consequences in the real world.
- Produce and share your own code of practice for your online presence.
- Research and reflect on the power of social media and identify examples of people who are using the tool to raise awareness of projects.
- Explore the tools available to create your online presence.
- Critically assess your online identity and identify strategies to create or enhance it. Produce a digital asset to enhance a specific area of an online identity.
- Assess your knowledge by participating in the end of course test.
Who is the course for?
This course is part of the Going to University collection which has been specifically designed for students at schools and colleges. They provide a taster of undergraduate study at the University of Leeds and help students to decide which subject to study at university.
Completion of the courses will also enhance students’ university applications.
The courses can also be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource.
Courses in this collection are also great for people that want an introduction in the specific subjects discussed in each course..
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.