- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
The Future of Payment Technology
Discover the future of payment technology, from mobile payments to tokenization
On this course, you will learn new ways of making payments from consumer-to-business (C2B), from consumer-to-consumer (C2C), and from business-to-business (B2B).
You will explore current payment system technologies to examine their strengths and weaknesses, and understand the ways technological innovation is changing these traditional systems.
You’ll learn about new front-end innovations like digital wallets and mobile payments and also discover back-end innovations like tokenization, mobile money, and new payment infrastructure.
- Introduction to Fintech
- Digital Wallets
- Credit Card Innovations
- Payment Technology in Emerging Markets
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain how current payment systems operate
- Describe inefficiencies in current practices in the processing of payments
- Apply new technological innovations to current inefficiencies
- Produce value propositions for new technologies in the payment space
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in understanding cutting edge financial technologies.
This course will be of particular interest to learners with a background in finance, development, or business leadership and learning how to develop and use new financial technologies in their own context.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
- LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
- World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Explore the fintech revolution transforming the financial industry and consider the challenges of disruptive financial technology.