Find out how to manage your income and expenditure more effectively
This online courses explore how current economic conditions impact household finances, before showing you how to manage yours more effectively.
You will find out whether you have bad financial habits and how to address them; discover a simple four-stage model for making sound financial decisions; examine the two components of household budgeting – income and expenditure – and how to manage them; and look at a key area of household spending – insurance.
The Open University’s Centre for the Public Understanding of Finance created this course, with the generous support of True Potential LLP.
What topics will you cover?
- Financial planning over the life course
- Prioritising plans
- Human behaviour and financial decisions
- Applying a financial decision-making model
- Income and inflation
- Income and taxation
- Government benefits
- Factors influencing household expenditure
- Creating and managing a household budget
- Understanding when to buy insurance products
- The range of insurance products
Who is the course for?
For further information about registration, the final assessment course, your eligibility and the BA in Business Management, visit the Open University website.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLBFbudgeting to talk about this course on social media.