What topics will you cover?
- The archaeological site of Portus and the surrounding area, in terms of its historical context, related written records, and its archaeological and architectural data.
- Archaeology at multiple scales, from the Roman Empire, via the Roman Mediterranean, landscapes, the port, individual buildings and unique artefacts.
- The Roman people who lived, worked and died at the site.
- The range of multidisciplinary methods and theories that are in place at Portus, including techniques, data, values, and ethics.
- The uses and implications of a range of the archaeological digital techniques in use at Portus, to record, analyse, interpret and present the site.
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
We would like students who are fascinated by archaeology and history. The course will also appeal to students with an interest in technologies such as digital photography. No previous knowledge is required or assumed.
Who will you learn with?
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £49.00
Statement of Participation £39.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #UoSFLPortus to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course