Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 5 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Practical: Malware Analysis and Investigations
Apply investigative methodology to malware
This five-week course will help you put your knowledge from the Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) Expert Track into practice.
You’ll learn to use investigation methodology in the context of malware to understand the practical steps to take to prevent a malware attack.
By exploring different analysis environments, you’ll learn how to set up the right kind of environment in order to extract the most information about the malicious software.
Learn how to detect network connections and collect network traffic
Malware is typically delivered over a network, so an understanding of network connections is vital in helping you prevent an attack.
You’ll explore practical methods to find malware connectivity, as well as the importance of collecting network traffic – the amount of data moving across a computer network.
Explore volatile vs static analysis
You’ll identify different types of malware analysis, such as volatile and static, to further your understanding of malware and the impact it can have on a system.
You’ll learn how to find suspect processes and files, and how to discover malware persistence mechanisms to help you remove malware as quickly and effectively as possible, should an attack occur.
By the end of the course, you’ll feel confident in applying your knowledge to practical situations to further your skills as a digital forensic investigator or cyber security incident responder.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different analysis environment types
- Explore network connections and collect network traffic
- Identify malicious processes
- Develop processes and services to prevent malware persistence
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who has completed the Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) Expert Track.
It will help you gain an understanding of malware analysis to help protect your organisation from an attack.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends