- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study6 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $79
An Introduction to Physical Health Assessment
Explore methods of best practice for patient consultations
The head-to-toe assessment is considered one of the best ways to quickly determine a patient’s overall condition. As such, it’s an invaluable nursing skill.
You will explore assessment methods on this course. You will be introduced to different patients and follow them through their health journey, considering the conditions they may be suffering from.
You’ll be guided through the clues you gather – working through a sample head-to-toe assessment to learn best practice diagnosis outcomes for your patients.
Week 1 – An introduction to the principles of health assessment
- Consultation and history taking
- Critical analysis and decision-making
- Documentation in health assessment
Week 2 – An introduction to physical health assessment
- An introduction to the consultation
- The head-to-toe examination
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Compare consultation-models and their application to history-taking in health assessment
- Justify the process of physical examination and its documentation
- Describe how critical thinking is influenced by diagnostics and investigations
Who is the course for?
This course would suit any experienced nurse who wishes to explore methods of best practice for patient consultations.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get: