- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study8 hours
Privacy, Security and Trust in Artificial Intelligence (AI) Business Applications and the Impact on Society
Does convenience matter more than privacy in the age of artificial intelligence?
In this short course, you will have the chance to explore how businesses follow the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and whether consumers’ data is protected in artificial intelligence and algorithms.
You’ll also have the opportunity to learn about issues that have arisen from nascent AI, such as bias in the way algorithms arrive at decisions that may negatively impact one section of society more than another.
- Elements of GDPR that harmonise data protection laws across Europe
- The importance of privacy
- Protection of consumer data in an AI world
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the latest data protection regulations (GDPR)
- Evaluate the cookie tracking policy of any website or app with respect to their own country’s data and privacy regulations
Who is the course for?
This course would suit anyone who is in a position that requires compliance with GDPR and consumers who wish to know what protections are afforded under GDPR, for example, what the ‘right to be forgotten’ means.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.