- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $79
PSHE Education: Helping Children Navigate a Complex World
Explore how to provide safe and effective PSHE education
Personal, social, health, and economic (PSHE) education is the school subject that prepares children and young people for life. It covers health and wellbeing, relationships and sex, careers and financial capability.
Most elements of PSHE education are now compulsory in England. When taught well, PSHE can have a big impact on individuals and society, but there are some basic principles to learn before you step into the classroom.
On this course, you’ll learn principles of safe PSHE teaching practice and how to plan and teach your own PSHE lessons with confidence.
You’ll learn how PSHE has developed globally and examine research that is applicable to teachers internationally.
- Historic and international picture of PSHE education – how the subject has developed or is approached differently in different countries
- Safe practice principles in PSHE education – how to teach PSHE education safely for all pupils
- Effective lesson planning for PSHE education, including assessment
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain how PSHE education has developed globally and over time
- Explore the impact of PSHE education, for all young people and for your pupils
- Explain core evidence-based principles of safe and effective PSHE education
- Design your own PSHE lesson in line with safe and effective practice
- Collaborate with other PSHE professionals around the world
Who is the course for?
This course is targeted at PSHE teachers in England, or teachers of any aspect of health or relationships and sex education around the world.
In particular, this course will support teachers who have not received any face-to-face training for PSHE education or would like to develop professionally in PSHE education.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.