Explore how to provide safe and effective PSHE education
Personal, social, health, and economic (PSHE) education is a subject that usually covers aspects of health and sexual relationships. Depending on how it is taught, it can have a significant impact on pupils, and for nations as a whole.
On this course, you’ll learn how PSHE education has developed globally, and how it impacts on your pupils.
You’ll learn how to plan your own PSHE lesson with confidence, now that aspects of PSHE education have become statutory in England – although the research you will examine is applicable to teachers internationally.
- Historic and international picture of PSHE education – how the subject has developed or is approached differently in different countries
- Safe practice principles in PSHE education – how to teach PSHE education safely for all pupils
- Effective lesson planning for PSHE education, including assessment
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- explain how PSHE education has developed globally and over time
- explore the impact of PSHE education, for all young people and for your pupils
- explain core evidence-based principles of safe and effective PSHE education
- design your own PSHE lesson in line with safe and effective practice
- collaborate with other PSHE professionals around the world
Who is the course for?
This course is targeted at PSHE teachers in England, or teachers of any aspect of health or relationships and sex education around the world.
In particular, this course will support teachers who have not received any face-to-face training for PSHE education or would like to develop professionally in PSHE education.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #PSHE_FutureLearn to talk about this course on social media.