What topics will you cover?
- How the meaning and scope of public health has changed in Britain over the last 70 years
- The nature of public health services and their shifting relationship to local government and the National Health Service
- Individual responsibility for public health
- How chronic disease became a key challenge for public health
- The persistence of infectious disease and the appearance of new conditions like HIV/AIDS
- Socioeconomic status and its impact on public health
- Health education techniques, tactics and effectiveness
- Attempts to use regulations to improve public health
- The limits of public health, its successes and failures over time.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLHistoryHealth to talk about this course on social media.