- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $79
Emergency Management: Risk, Incidents and Leadership
Emergency managers understand the importance of managing risks during dynamic incidents.
This online course will provide you with an introduction to the concepts, issues, processes and structures relevant to the management of risk during the emergency phase of an incident. This will include an examination of the relationship between formal risk management and command systems and leadership, including a look at the complex world of decision-making.
- Risk management and incident command systems
- The incident timeline
- Incident review and debrief processes
- Decision-making and situational awareness
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate the relationship between leadership and followership
- Explain what factors influence risk and why risk management is important to the incident manager
- Describe how people make decisions and how leadership and followership influence decision-making processes
- Explore why emergency incidents go wrong and why good situational awareness is so important in preventing disasters
- Describe various incident command systems
- Describe leadership in the context of emergency incidents
Who is the course for?
This course is for any emergency management practitioners operating at or aiming to operate in the future at tactical or strategic level, in any discipline and in any country. It will introduce the key concepts and provide a look forward to an online MSc degree available on FutureLearn.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get: