What have we learned this week?
This week you have …
- reviewed the component parts of risk management in an emergency incident context
- considered the impact of societal pressures upon risk managers – how increased legislation, regulation and media scrutiny has resulted in a complex operating environment
- discovered how the guidance and standards such as ISO 31000 can help us to assess and treat risks in terms of both impact and likelihood
- discussed the incident command system and considered it against the activity/time curve for emergency incidents of all durations
- debated whether learning from past experiences isbeneficial, and seen that such processes are complex and affected by many things
What was the most important lesson you learned this week?