Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $39
Learning Online: Researching Your Project
In this course, you’ll explore the rich and diverse range of information available to you online, how to use search tools effectively, and the ways in which you can begin to assess information that you might want to use in your studies. Using a wide range of learning activities, you will be challenged to dig deeper and think critically about the information that you find online.
This course is just one of a series about ‘learning online’, which introduces you to the essential skills and tools you need to study online.
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess and record your current level of knowledge regarding searching and researching online.
- Identify and discuss your search engine of choice.
- Explore methods of using search tools more effectively to locate appropriate sources.
- Perform web searches using different ‘operators’ and advanced search options.
- Discuss the benefits of using a wide range of online sources for researching subjects.
- Demonstrate effective use of multiple sources to contribute information in a collaborative environment.
- Assess the quality and appropriateness of information found online to help determine its validity and contribute an example to the discussion.
- Identify sources which need to be up-to-date and relevant in order to be of use when researching. Demonstrate an understanding of some of the core principles of how to critically assess a source.
- Explore an information journey and produce a timeline relating to a topic of your choice.
- Assess your post-course knowledge of researching by participating in the test which concludes the course.
Who is the course for?
This course is part of the Going to University collection which has been specifically designed for students at schools and colleges. They provide a taster of undergraduate study at the University of Leeds and help students to decide which subject to study at university.
Completion of the courses will also enhance students’ university applications.
The courses can also be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource.
Courses in this collection are also great for people that want an introduction in the specific subjects discussed in each course.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.