Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Advanced Cyber Security Training: Network Security
Understand the importance of network security
Cyber attacks on your business or home network can have devastating results. This four-week course will give you the knowledge and skills to identify and prevent these attacks, as well as helping you increase your network security.
Using a practical approach to cyber security, you’ll learn how to deal with the growing problem of network attacks and understand how malicious hackers could break into your network.
Learn how to identify types of network attacks
On this course, you’ll build your understanding of network security and how to deal with disaster recovery, should a network attack happen.
You’ll start with an introductionto the different types of attackers and network attacks that occur, including phishing, spear phishing, DDOS, and ransomware.
You’ll also learn vital techniques to help you recover from an attack.
Conduct threat assessment scanning and learn how to use security tools
Having understood the theory of network attacks, you’ll use a hands-on approach to strengthen your knowledge.
You’ll discover and use the tools needed to conduct threat assessment scanning including Nmap, Spiderfoot, OpenVas and Nessus.
You’ll also understand how to carry out a penetration test using ExploitDB.
Learn how to use OSINT and how to secure your network
Using OSINT tools (open-source intelligence), you’ll learn how to gather intelligence on the attacker, allowing you to narrow down potential vulnerabilities and understand how hackers recon your network.
These transferable cyber security skills can then be used to increase the security in your network, making it a harder target for potential attackers.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore why network security is important
- Identify phishing emails, bad links, and so on
- Assess how to prevent and recover from virus and ransomware attacks
- Explore how hackers recon your network
- Explore how to make your network a harder target
- Explore how to protect yourself and your company
Who is the course for?
This course offers a comprehensive guide to network security with video walk-throughs, making it suitable for both beginners and experienced users.
You don’t need any prior knowledge to join.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends