Weekly study1 hour
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $49
Social Care During COVID-19: Coping with Self-Isolation and Social Distancing
Learn coping strategies to respond to the impact of COVID-19 social distancing
The increase in anxiety and uncertainty due to COVID-19 is placing increased pressure on the social care workforce, as well as those receiving help.
This pandemic has highlighted a need for enhanced social care within communities, such as individuals relying on neighbors and local services.
On this course, you’ll explore the impact of self-isolation and social distancing on social care, as well as the added vulnerabilities that COVID-19 may create.
You’ll make sense of your experiences, gain different perspectives, and explore ways of coping with the challenges of living in a pandemic when you’re giving or relying on social care.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore some of the current and future changes for society and the social care workforce in particular, brought about by self-isolation and social distancing, since the onset of COVID-19
- Identify a range of reactions people may have to a global pandemic or crises
- Explore the concept of ‘vulnerability’ and how this may be defined within the context of self-isolation and social distancing
- Explore how the impact of a pandemic affects individuals differently at different times and what some of these differences and circumstances may be
- Identify the reactions and impacts of self-isolation and social distancing, which are particular to yourself individually
- Explore ways of addressing the impact of factors such as self-isolation and social distancing for yourself and others
- Explore a range of coping strategies to help yourself or others to address the impact of self-isolation and social distancing
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a range of coping strategies on yourself and others
- Discuss with others interested in the impact of self-isolation and social distancing on those connected to the social care workforce
- Reflect on the learning from the course and what this might help you with in the future as the landscape of COVID-19 unfolds
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for social care professionals, including residential, domiciliary, and home-based carers.
It will also be useful for anyone struggling with self-isolation and social distancing who would like to learn how to address their feelings and develop coping strategies.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.