Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Software Development Fundamentals: Programming Languages and HTML
Starting a career in software development can be daunting - but it doesn’t have to be. Learn the basics and understand the languages, expectations, and processes involved in a software development job with this course.
You’ll cover common patterns in software architecture, different programming languages, and basic HTML to get you started in learning the building blocks of any development career.
Understand and define software architecture patterns
Software architecture refers to the fundamental structures of any software system, and the process of creating these structures. You’ll look at common patterns within software architecture, and be introduced to popular programming languages, including Java and Python.
Grow your knowledge of popular programming languages
Learn basic HTML tags and elements
HTML is at the core of any career in digital technology. It’s the standard markup language used for every document that’s designed to be displayed on a web browser.
Find out how to use basic HTML tags and elements. You’ll learn about the importance of creating meaningful wireframes and web layouts, and how to review simple HTML elements that can be applied to basic web layouts.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Examine software architecture and common patterns
- Define types of programming languages
- Demonstrate the use of basic HTML tags and elements
Who is the course for?
This ExpertTrack will grow your confidence in working with development teams and understand the challenges they face. It’s suitable for:
- Someone aiming to enter the digital sector
- Anyone looking to change careers into an entry-level role as a developer, or to establish foundations for a development career
- Established technology professionals looking to better understand software development and round out their skill set
- An entrepreneur with a business or product idea that needs some basic understanding of software development to assess the viability of their idea
In collaboration with
Endorsers and supporters
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends