- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
Spanish for Beginners 6: Out and About
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
This free online course is the last of six in the Spanish for Beginners program. It will introduce you to language that you need to:
- talk about where places are;
- ask for directions;
- shop for clothes;
- order food and drinks.
Learn how to go out, shop, eat and drink in Spanish
During the four weeks of the course, you will learn some phrases you’ll need if you have to ask for directions, as well as a range of vocabulary related to clothes and food, so you can enjoy going shopping next time you visit a Spanish-speaking country.
You will find out about tapas, pinchos and raciones, and be able to make sense of a Spanish menu, and will learn about the beautiful city of Valencia in Spain. You will also learn to use the imperative to give directions.
By now, as we reach the end of the Spanish for Beginners program, you should be fairly confident in using basic Spanish to talk about yourself and about everyday and familiar situations.
In this course, you will also find some advice about what you can do next to take your Spanish further.
- Talk about where places are;
- Ask for directions;
- Shop for clothes;
- Order food and drinks.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop skills in basic Spanish for interacting in common communicative situations
- Engage in simple communication in Spanish
- Apply the language introduced in the course in order to talk about where places are and give and ask for directions
- Apply the language introduced to shop for clothes and order food and drinks
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at people with little prior knowledge of Spanish, who want to learn the basic language and find out about the Spanish-speaking world. The course assumes that you have already studied the previous five courses in the Spanish for Beginners program. This course is taught through English.
Who developed the course?
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
- LocationMilton Keynes, UK
- World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020