Develop your knowledge of studying in the UK
This online course from the British Council will provide international education agents, school counsellors and consultants with advice on all aspects of UK education. Further information is included around becoming a professional education agent for the UK if relevant for you.
It will develop your knowledge of:
- the UK education and training system
- the attractions for students in the UK
- quality assurance systems and how they operate
- student lifestyle issues
- welfare and support for international students
- application processes and entry requirements
What topics will you cover?
- Understanding the benefits of study in the UK
- Learning why students choose the UK
- Defining the skills, knowledge and responsibilities needed to get students onto the right course
- Understanding how UK institutions support learners
- Exploring the resources available to support agents, counsellors and advisers
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course is designed primarily for those counselling students looking to come to the UK to study, including school counsellors, education agents and those interested in becoming education agents. Potential students and learners who are interested in coming to the UK to study will also find the course informative and useful. English at level B1 on the CEFR is required.
Who will you learn with?
British Council are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLStudyUK to talk about this course on social media.