Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Supporting Diverse Innovation
Investigate diverse innovation and why it matters
As businesses and governments look to new technological innovations to solve some of the world’s problems, there is increasing awareness that diversity and inclusion are vital for successful growth.
On this course, you’ll look at what diverse innovation is and explore the social and economic benefits it brings. This will help you to identify best practices to cultivate diverse innovation.
Explore how to create diverse work cultures and amplify diverse voices
It’s crucial that the development of innovations serve all of society and reduce inequalities, rather than widening them. In order to achieve this, diversity and inclusion must be embedded.
You’ll delve into the role of different identities and cultures in creating diverse innovation. This will help you to understand how to build work cultures that are diverse in order to ensure an inclusive group of innovators’ voices.
Assess the applications of diverse innovation in your own life
By dissecting what diverse innovation is and why it’s so important, you’ll start thinking about what you can do and how you can be held accountable. You’ll then be able to apply everything you’ve learned to your own situation, and begin to make a plan for how you can make changes and amplify diverse voices.
Learn from the experts in the field of diverse innovation
This course has been designed by The Creative Computing Institute to help you support diverse innovation. The lead educator is Mark Martin, MBE, co-founder of UK Black Tech, an innovation group that’s on a mission to make the UK the most ethnically diverse tech ecosystem in the world.
With guidance from Mark and other expert contributors, you’ll develop the tools and techniques you need to help you cultivate diversity in the workplace and advocate for diverse innovation.
- What diverse innovation is and why it matters
- The social and economic benefits of diverse innovation
- How to identify best practices for diverse innovation
- The role of different identities and cultures in creating diverse innovation
- How to create fair and transparent work cultures
- How to support diverse innovation in your own context
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the limitations of traditional Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Assess different approaches to diverse innovation
- Explore ways to build a diverse work culture
- Investigate the role of trust, transparency and accountability in supporting diverse innovation
- Experiment with amplifying diverse innovators’ voices
- Reflect on how you can apply your learning in your own context
Who is the course for?
This course has been designed for anyone interested in creating or advocating for diverse innovation. It will be of particular interest if you’re looking to apply new approaches to diversity and inclusion in your existing business.
You may also find this course appealing if you’re a student in a technology-based degree such as Computer Science or Design,and want to get a better understanding of diverse and inclusive practices.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends