Weekly study10 hours
Develop applications that implement secure principles.
Developing systems that are secure could guarantee the proper functioning and the high level of reliability and trust of these systems.
This course will present a range of techniques and methods that can be used for the implementation of secure systems. For instance, we will explore secure programming principles and investigate how formal modelling can be incorporated into the development process to provide a more secure system.
- Implementing secure systems
- Managing secure system development
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the principles of secure programming and its application in real world systems
- Apply a range of core security technologies (eg access control, encryption, authentication techniques)
- Explore implementation errors and exploits
- Develop secure systems using the respective tools
- Experiment with a system’s functioning using formal models
Who is the course for?
The course is for MSc Cyber Security students.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.