- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $64
Teaching Primary Science: Physics
Help your primary students to excel in primary school physics
To teach primary science effectively teachers must have sound subject knowledge. However, many primary teachers are not science subject experts.
On this course, you’ll examine the key subject knowledge areas within the physics element of the primary science curriculum.
You’ll develop your own knowledge of physics and discover practical activities to use in your classroom to explain physics concepts to your students.
You’ll also consider common misconceptions children may have and how to identify and help your students overcome them.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the importance of good subject knowledge when teaching primary science.
- Develop personal subject knowledge of physics.
- Apply subject knowledge of physics to class teaching of pupils aged 5-11 years old.
- Explore practical activities to teach scientific concepts in the primary curriculum.
- Identify common misconceptions children may have in primary science concepts.
- Develop teaching strategies to identify and overcome children’s misconceptions.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for primary teachers and trainee teachers for primary education (pupils aged 5-11 years).
It will also be useful for teaching assistants looking to develop their physics subject knowledge.
The English National curriculum will be referred to, but teachers will be able to apply what they learn to their own curricula.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.