Weekly study8 hours
Technological Change and Innovation
Explore how technological developments steer and shape innovation
This short course will explore more fully how innovation happens in the context of technological change. It will assess the impact of technology, looking at current trends such as artificial intelligence, robotics, cloud computing and virtual reality, and disruptive innovations on various stakeholders and entrepreneurs.
- What is technology? Consider typical assumptions about technology
- Technological dynamics (the study of technological change) – map out the process of technological change
- The impact of disruptive technological innovation and challenges of technological development
- Technological trends – increase your awareness of potential avenues for entrepreneurial opportunities
- How policy affects the development of technology – reflect on how this affects different stakeholders
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the process of technological change
- Discuss the positive and negative impact of technological change
- Identify technological change affecting business of the future
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in furthering their understanding of entrepreneurship and innovation.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.