Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
How Does the Body Use DNA as a Blueprint?
Examine DNA code and how it helps our bodies to repair and regulate themselves
Every part of the body is made according to a code that is carried in the body’s cells. This code is called DNA, and knowing how it works is fundamental to understanding the human body.
On this course, you’ll get an introduction to the basics of molecular biology, answer the question ‘what is DNA?’ and learn how DNA structure works inside the human body.
You’ll find out what DNA code represents, how it creates proteins inside the body, and what key molecules are involved. You’ll also learn how these molecules communicate and interact with each other inside the body.
- What are the key molecules involved in molecular biology?
- The role of reproduction in producing an individual’s DNA code
- What does the DNA code represent?
- Using the DNA code to create proteins
- How do molecules within the body communicate with one another?
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Summarise the structure and relevance of DNA
- Describe the processes involved in reproduction at a molecular level that result in an individual’s DNA
- Describe the key molecules involved in protein synthesis
- Explain and compare the different stages of protein synthesis
- Summarise the key principles involved in molecular signalling
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at anyone interested in molecular biology and how DNA code works.
Existing knowledge of components of the body is not essential but you may find it useful to complete What is the Body? if you are completely new to biology.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.