Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 5 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
The Future of Network Security and Defence
Prepare for a cyber security career in the future
For anyone considering or developing their career in cyber security, it’s crucial to be prepared for the future of network security and defence.
This two-week course will call on everything you’ve learnt in the previous items within this cyber security ExpertTrack as you look at network security posture.
Investigate emerging cyber security issues like hacking and AI
This course explores future issues in security including network risk and technological considerations. You’ll have the opportunity to look at artificial intelligence, state hacking, quantum technologies, satellites, reliance on technology and the Internet of Things.
Discover quantum technologies and practical approaches
You’ll consider collaborative working and data sharing, cyber threat intelligence, and the human factor. Every theory relates to a practical way that you can better create a secure network in a professional setting.
Explore the desired network security posture
Having awareness of security posture means considering several technical, operational, business, and global factors, including known vulnerabilities, security infrastructure and network and computing security architecture.
This course covers the complexities of managing the relationship between the desired network security posture and the true network security posture.
You’ll have the chance to examine this from the perspectives of testing, monitoring and audit, including advanced protection methods.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate awareness of the future needs of network defence management
- Assess the future needs of network defence management
- Demonstrate an understanding of network defence management alignment to risk appetite
- Critically assess network defence management horizons
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to build their understanding of cyber security and network defence management.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends