- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 5 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
The Future of Network Defence Management
Explore how to balance risk and defence
For anyone considering or developing their career in cyber security, it’s crucial to be prepared for the future of network defence management.
This course will call on everything you’ve learnt in the previous items within this cyber security ExpertTrack as you look at network security posture.
Prepare for emerging security issues
This course explores future issues in security including risk and technological considerations. You’ll look at collaborative working, artificial intelligence, state hacking, quantum technologies, satellites, reliance on technology and the Internet of Things.
Discover quantum technologies and practical approaches
You’ll have the chance to consider collaborative working and data sharing, cyber threat intelligence, and the human factor. Every theory relates to a practical way that you can better secure your network in a professional setting.
Understand the desired network security posture
Having awareness of security posture means considering several technical, operational, business, and global factors, including known vulnerabilities, security infrastructure and network and computing architecture.
This course covers the complexities of managing the relationship between the desired network security posture and the true network security posture.
You’ll examine this from the perspectives of testing, monitoring and audit, including advanced protection methods.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate awareness of the future needs of network defence management
- Assess the future needs of network defence management
- Demonstrate an understanding of network defence management alignment to risk appetite
- Critically assess network defence management horizons
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to build their understanding of cyber security and network defence management.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Develop the essential cyber security knowledge and skills you need to prevent, detect and recover from network security incidents.