Learn how to get your projects running like clockwork
Every project manager or project leader has had a project that seems to spiral out of control - absorbing more time and resource than was planned. This course will help you stop that happening.
You will learn time management strategies to help you prevent projects becoming unmanageable and develop the fundamental skills of a project manager to make sure every project you run meets its deadlines.
Now is the time to put an end to runaway projects.
- Introduce the time management processes
- Explain the key concepts in time management, including lags and leads, critical path, feeding buffers, resource leveling, resource smoothing, schedule completion date, target completion date, milestones.
- Explain various tools and methods improving time management, including Precedence Diagraming Method (PDM), Critical Path Methods, Critical Chain Method, Gantt chart
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- List the time management processes
- Identify components of the schedule management plan
- Define an activity
- Describe the transition from scope to schedule
- Explain the Precedence Diagramming Method (PDM)
- Distinguish the difference between a mandatory and discretionary dependency
- Define lags and leads
- Calculate the critical path for a project using the critical path method, including forward and backward pass
- Calculate float for each activity
- Explain why schedule compression may be necessary
- Distinguish the difference between crashing and fast tracking and the project implications of each
- Describe the difference between a schedule and target completion date
- Identify the difference between the critical chain method and the critical path method
- Define project and feeding buffers
- Define resource leveling and resource smoothing
- Determine when these two techniques are necessary
- Explain the point when a schedule is base lined
- Explain project milestones
- Create a Gantt chart with project data
- List the things that a Gantt chart can display
- List the benefits and challenges in using scheduling software
Who is the course for?
This course is for program managers, project managers, project leaders and even anyone who is interested in project management and time management concepts.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLtimemanagement to talk about this course on social media.