Understanding Development Management
Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 3 hours
Get a taste of the Open University's Development Management degree
Development can mean different things to different people. For development managers around the world, it’s about the process of bringing about change and achieving social justice. But how can development be managed and what tools do development managers need?
On this course, you will discuss the answers to these questions and boost your understanding of development management as a whole. As you learn to unpack what development management is, you will recognise the complexities and political nature of development. You will also apply a development management tool to a real-world context.
What topics will you cover?
- An explanation of what development management and development are
- A story of development management
- An opportunity to engage with development management and consider mitigating unconscious bias
- The practice of development management and the rights to manage development for others
- The project cycle and a stakeholder analysis tool.
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in or already working in the development sector. It will act as a guide for those thinking of moving into development work.
Who developed the course?
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
- LocationMilton Keynes, UK
- World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020