Weekly study10 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 6 of 6
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
UX (User Experience) Capstone
Demonstrate your newfound UX knowledge and skills
You’ve studied the basic principles of UX, how to evaluate user needs, and the processes for UX design and research. Now, bring everything you’ve learned on this ExpertTrack so far into one final project.
Learn how to conduct a multi-stage UX project
Putting your UX skills into practice can seem daunting. On this course, you’ll be guided through the process of designing and carrying out an integrated multi-phase user experience research and design project.
Design and deliver a product from scratch
Gain hands-on experience conducting user experience research in a real-world setting for this final course. You’ll utilise user interviews, inspection methods, and user testing to gather and assess your user research.
Then, you’ll handle ideation, design, and prototyping methods to round out your realistic UX design project. The project will take you through five key milestones, each one explained and explored by the experts at The University of Michigan.
Develop your confidence in communicating design concepts and research findings
Through your work on a realistic UX research and design project, you’ll learn to communicate valuable insights that can be used to deliver a compelling product. By the end of this course, you will have improved your confidence and ability to showcase actionable research findings and design concepts.
Note: You may need to spend more than 10 hours a week on a weekly project in this course.
- User research
- User experience design
- A multi-stage user experience project
- Design and deliver a product from scratch
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- You will gain practical experience in UX Research and Design
- You will synthesize methods and theories from previous courses
- You will carry out a significant, realistic project from start to finish, applying UX methods in an iterative design process
- You will produce a portfolio project that can show employers what you can do
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to gain experience in UX principles, techniques, and processes.
It will be of particular interest if you want to acquire or develop your user experience design skills and learn how to apply UX knowledge to realistic projects.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends