- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $39
Virtual Work Experience and Exploring the Veterinary Profession
Get virtual vet work experience before embarking on a veterinary degree
The COVID-19 pandemic means that many potential vet students cannot undertake animal handling work experience.
On this course, you’ll get insight into the reality of life as a vet so that you can make an informed decision before embarking on a veterinary degree course.
You’ll learn about the structure of veterinary practice and the different governing bodies, as well as discover the day to day challenges a vet might face.
You’ll also explore the different roles available outside of general practice and find out the great opportunities such a degree can bring.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the history of the veterinary profession
- Summarise the organisation of the veterinary profession
- Describe how to become a veterinary surgeon, what it involves and the time it takes
- Discuss the roles of the wider veterinary team
- Identify important skills and qualities required and provide examples of why these are important
- Investigate current and future challenges in veterinary medicine and science
- Apply work experience reflection to future placements
- Model levels of care and service accreditation
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for students considering a degree in veterinary medicine and science.
The course will also benefit anyone considering a role within the wider veterinary team.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: