Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $39
Virtual Work Experience and Exploring the Veterinary Profession
Get virtual vet work experience before embarking on a veterinary degree
The COVID-19 pandemic means that many potential vet students cannot undertake animal handling work experience.
On this course, you’ll get insight into the reality of life as a vet so that you can make an informed decision before embarking on a veterinary degree course.
You’ll learn about the structure of veterinary practice and the different governing bodies, as well as discover the day to day challenges a vet might face.
You’ll also explore the different roles available outside of general practice and find out the great opportunities such a degree can bring.
- Introduction to the veterinary profession and how to begin a veterinary career
- Where and how vets work
- Roles of the wider veterinary team in and out of practice
- Overview of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, the British Veterinary Association and professional conduct
- The benefits and challenges of the vocation
- Current and future issues for veterinary medicine and science
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the history of the veterinary profession
- Summarise the organisation of the veterinary profession
- Describe how to become a veterinary surgeon, what it involves and the time it takes
- Discuss the roles of the wider veterinary team
- Identify important skills and qualities required and provide examples of why these are important
- Investigate current and future challenges in veterinary medicine and science
- Apply work experience reflection to future placements
- Model levels of care and service accreditation
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for students considering a degree in veterinary medicine and science.
The course will also benefit anyone considering a role within the wider veterinary team.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.