Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $79
What Drives the Body?
Explore how different parts of the body communicate with each other
The way in which parts of the body communicate with each other is vital to keeping us healthy. But how does our internal communication work – and how do these individual components produce energy?
On this course, from the University of Aberdeen, you’ll learn how the human body utilises energy pathways, and how different elements communicate effectively. You’ll find out about the biomolecules involved in communication, and the role of endocrinology and immunology.
You’ll discover how the body works and regulates itself, and also improve your knowledge of disease development and prevention.
- How does the body produce energy?
- Why is communication important in the body?
- The key communication pathways used by the body
- Biomolecules used in communication
- How the body regulates itself
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the importance of communication between different components of the body
- Describe the role of endocrinology and immunology within the body
- Classify and describe the key molecules involved in endocrinological and immunological processes
- Describe the importance of homeostasis and synthesise examples of when and how this process is used in the body
- Describe the key pathways involved in energy production
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at anyone who is interested in how the human body regulates and communicates with itself.
Existing knowledge of components of the body is not essential but some prior knowledge of biology might be helpful.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.