This course is for people who are learning English and who are interested in developing English language skills for employability and workplace contexts. It will help job seekers and young professionals with the English they need.
Each week, we’ll focus on key aspects of English for the workplace. You’ll watch videos and listen to audio recordings of people searching and applying for jobs, preparing for interviews, taking interviews, starting their new job, and working with new colleagues. Our experienced tutor will examine some of the language used and will draw your attention to useful points that will help you improve your English in workplace contexts.
The course does not follow a language syllabus but takes workplace English as its starting point, and offers functional language phrases and real, authentic workplace scenarios. Short quizzes and discussions will help you measure your understanding and practise your English.
Throughout the course you’ll be asked to share your opinions, ideas and questions with other learners. The best way to get the most out of the course is to be prepared to join in and share your experiences.
Finding a job
- What do you want from a job?
- Talking about likes and dislikes
- Talking about your job
- Job advertisements
- Applying for a job
- Preparing for job interviews
- The language of obligation
- Talking about your skills and experience
- Interview technique
Starting a job
- Talking about job offers
- Line management
- Rules and regulations at work
- Meeting new colleagues
- Checking understanding
- Team building activities
- Making suggestions, agreeing and disagreeing
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate their skill set and the kind of employment they would like.
- Improve English language performance in key areas of applications and interviews.
- Reflect on the factors involved in successful applications and interviews.
- Identify the elements of working together successfully.
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at non-native English speakers who have studied English to at least pre-intermediate level (approximately A2 on the CEFR).
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLWorkplaceEnglish to talk about this course on social media.