The free online course “The Internet of Things” (IoT) from King’s College London allows you to become an IoT expert, by understanding what the Internet of Things means to you, your company and your country. To celebrate the start of the course, join our live video Q&A with leading IoT experts.
Get answers to the big questions about IoT
In the Q&A, you’ll have the chance to ask questions like:
- Why is the Internet of Things is important?
- How will IoT change our lives individually, economically and socially?
- And what is the biggest business opportunity for the Internet of Things?
The Q&A will finish off with the biggest question: What is the Internet of Things?
Our panelists will each have to give their own, jargon-free definition of IoT and try to get the lowest score against our IoT “buzzword bingo” scorecard:
Join us for the live video Q&A
The live video Q&A will take place here on Monday 23 November 2015 from 17:00 – 17:45 GMT.
To take part:
- Submit your questions as a comment below or using the hashtag #FLiot on Twitter or Facebook.
- Bookmark this page, and come back to watch the Q&A as a live event right here on Monday at 17:00 GMT (see the time in your location).
- If you can’t be here to take part live, don’t worry: the video will be available to watch afterwards, and you can submit your questions in advance.
Meet our panelists
|Mischa Dohler is a Professor in Wireless Communications at King’s College London, and a regular contributor and commentator on all things IoT.|
|Gaye Soykök is a Systems Architect at NTT DATA UK, with over 10 years of cross-functional experience in systems, solution and software architecture.|
|Renate Samson is Chief Executive of Big Brother Watch. She was previously Chief of Staff to David Davis MP, where she worked on civil liberties and data sharing campaigns.|
|Dr Mike Short is the Vice President of Telefonica Europe and has over 25 years of experience in mobile communications. Mike’s work mainly focuses on European Public policy in relation to innovation.|