Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $79
Blended and Online Learning Design
Develop the skills you need to teach blended and online learning
Online learning is the future of teaching. This three-week teaching course aims to support teachers’ own innovations in teaching and learning online, whether you teach in a school, college or university.
See what’s possible with digital technologies and online learning methods
You’ll understand the nature of learning design in the context of both blended and wholly online learning, and will explore the Conversational Framework concept; the notion that the teaching-learning process is an interactive exchange of concepts and practice, using the ideas of social construction and collaborative learning.
You’ll explore a range of digital tools and resources, including the Learning Designer tool, a free online tool to help teachers and lecturers design teaching and learning activities and share their learning designs with one another across all subjects.
Optimise both blended and online learning methods for your students
Through using this tool, you’ll learn how to optimise synchronous and asynchronous learning, and will explore how to implement videos, screencasts, forums, shared learning designs, polls, quizzes and to bring a selection of digital tools into your teaching techniques.
You’ll assess a wide range of learning designs and formative assessment methods for both blended and online learning in order to achieve specific types of learning outcomes.
Learn from teaching experts at UCL Institute of Education (IOE) and the community
Throughout the course, you’ll be learning from teaching experts at the UCL Institute of Education.
It’s rated as the number one education faculty in the world university rankings, and provides expertise in teaching and educational research across all sectors, primary to higher education, and across all main subject areas.
- The nature of learning design in the context of blended and online learning
- The Conversational Framework as a tool for thinking about learning design and assessment
- Digital tools and resources, and how to optimise your learning management system for your students
- The Learning Designer tool and its uses for borrowing, planning, creating and sharing design ideas with other teachers, across and within subject areas
- Learning designs and types of formative assessment for blended and online learning to achieve different types of learning outcome
- Implementing online learning across your institution
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop your teaching as active learning designs for blended and online teaching for different learning outcomes
- Collaborate with other participants in a teacher community of practice
- Apply your learning through and about online pedagogies and digital tools
Who is the course for?
This course is best suited for teachers in all sectors of formal education, primarily within the UK.
This includes primary and secondary school teachers and further education and higher education teachers and lecturers across all subject areas.
What software or tools do you need?
All the tools we use are free and open to all, or are optional for participants to explore if they wish.
In particular we’ll be using the UCL Learning Designer tool.
We’d recommend you use a laptop/computer to complete this course.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.