Good Manufacturing Practices
What are good manufacturing practices?Commission Regulation (EC) No 2023/2006 defines good manufacturing practices as:
those aspects of quality assurance which ensures that materials and articles are consistently produced and controlled to ensure conformity with the rules applicable to them and with the quality standards appropriate to their intended use by not endangering human health or causing an unacceptable change on the composition of the food or causing deterioration in organoleptic characteristics thereof
What is required in EC Feed Hygiene Regulation?
The requirements within the regulation can be summarised as:the measures and conditions necessary to control hazards and to ensure fitness for animal consumption of a feed, taking into account its intended use
- All feed businesses must gain approval or registration by the competent authority. Approval is required for feed business establishments dealing with sensitive substances, i.e. feed additives, premixes and compound feedingstuffs
- All feed businesses will operate in accordance with HACCP principles and harmonised hygiene requirements to reinforce feed business operators’ responsibility
- Introduces community and national guides to good practice in feed production
- Provides a EU framework for guides to good practice in feed production
What we would like you to doPlease share your thoughts on Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Do you think they are important?
- Have you an idea of the types of practices that may be included?
Animal Feed Production: Feed Quality
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.