Physical activity milestones
4-8 months of age
- playing with feet and toes
- laying on stomach and raising head and chest grasping for objects outside their reach
- rolling from back to stomach
- crawling movements
8-12 months of age
- standing position (with support)
- picking up and throwing small objects
- moving sideways (with support)
At 18 months of age
3 years of age
- running easily
- climbing easily
- kicking a ball
- jumping over low objects
- using steps (one at a time)
- balancing on one foot for a few seconds
- dancing to music
- standing on tiptoes
3-5 years of age
- balancing on one foot
- riding scooter, or two or three wheeled bike
5 years of age
- forward rolls
- climbing with ease
Preventing Childhood Obesity: an Early Start to Healthy Living
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.