What is sleep?
Did you know?
- Some functions of the brain and body are actually more active when we are asleep than when we are awake!
- A large part of our understanding about the function of sleep comes from our understanding of what happens to us when we don’t sleep.
- When we sleep, we experience changes to our brain activity, heart rate, breathing, and body temperature.
- How would you explain to a child what sleep is?
- Do you have an interesting fact about sleep that you would like to share?
Preventing Childhood Obesity: an Early Start to Healthy Living
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.