Haskell in the Wild
Companies that use HaskellThere are lists of companies that use Haskell on the Haskell web site and on Quora. A few highlights are Facebook, IBM, Twitter, AT&T, Bank of America, Barclays Capital, NVIDIA and Microsoft.Some interesting links are:
- Facebook uses Haskell in several projects, for example Fighting spam with Haskell.
- Galois has been an active Haskell user and promoter for over a decade. This talk introduces three case studies from some of their projects.
- The New York Times has a nice talk about Haskell in the newsroom.
- Running a Startup on Haskell.
Companies that use functional programming languages other than Haskell
- Twitter uses Scala, an FP with Java syntax running on the JVM. How and why Twitter uses Scala.
- Walmart uses Clojure, a dialect of the Lisp programming language. Walmart runs Clojure at scale.
- Bloomberg uses OCaml, an object-oriented version of the ML programming language. OCaml at Bloomberg.
Functional Programming in Haskell: Supercharge Your Coding
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.