Why uncover the past?
Have you ever asked the following questions?
- How did we come to be the way that we are?
- What is our story?
- Who are our extinct cousins?
- How did we all interact with the world around us?
- How did the landscape evolve?
- How did the first humans in my country interact with the land?
- How did the first people get to my country?
- What types of interactions took place between the first arrivals, other species and the environment?
The fascinating discovery has had significant implications for the world of archaeology and beyond…We may be the only species of the genus Homo left on the planet. But that’s not always been the case…Join us on this journey as we use modern archaeological science to trace out the human story and piece together how we all fit together in the human family tree.“That’s the beautiful thing about scientific discovery in the real world… you get these serendipitous discoveries. You’re not looking for it, and it pops up. And it leads you in whole new directions. Suddenly, here’s a new species who we would have been around on the planet the same time as… and a distinctively different one from us” (Prof. Bert Roberts)
- What questions do you hope to have answered throughout this course?
Homo Floresiensis Uncovered: The Science of ‘the Hobbit’
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.