Some unanswered questions include:“We know that we’re missing way more than what we have. There’s always a lot more that we don’t know than what we do know” (Prof. Bert Roberts, geochronologist).
- Where did Homo floresiensis come from exactly?
- Where did the common ancestor that we share with Homo floresiensis live?
- When did populations of that ancestor leave Africa and ultimately lead to Homo floresiensis?
- When did the ancestors of Homo floresiensis arrive on Flores, and how did they get there?
- When did Homo floresiensis finally disappear on Flores (and possibly elsewhere)?
- Why did Homo floresiensis finally disappear?
- What is the evolutionary history of Homo floresiensis?
- Did our species interact with hobbits, and, if so, how?
- Is there a link between the arrival of modern humans at Liang Bua and the extinction of Homo floresiensis?
Homo Floresiensis Uncovered: The Science of ‘the Hobbit’
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.