Process mining in healthcare
Quizzes and testsEach activity will have at least one quiz to test what you’ve learned. We distinguish two types of quizzes: one that will test concepts and whether you understood the lecture, and a second type that will walk you through the use of the tool ProM and test whether you understood. Similarly, each week will be closed by a test to verify what you have learned that week. At the end of the course there is an additional test that walks you through a process mining project, and asks you for some key results and insights.
Concrete topicsConcretely, we will cover the following topics in this course (among others):
- Process mining in general
- Event data in the healthcare environment
- Event data handling and conversion
- Event data exploration
- Process discovery and conformance checking
- Process improvement and challenges in healthcare
Learning outcomesBy the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain how process mining can help in analysing and improving healthcare processes
- Identify opportunities for process mining in a healthcare organisation
- Describe the data requirements in order to apply process mining
- Interpret the results of various process mining techniques in the ProM lite tool
- Apply ProM lite on real data to obtain process mining results
EducatorsThis course is a collaborative effort between several partners, giving you different insights in the field. In the next step each of the educators will introduce themselves briefly.
- Joos Buijs, Eindhoven University of Technology
Process Mining in Healthcare
Our purpose is to transform access to education.
We offer a diverse selection of courses from leading universities and cultural institutions from around the world. These are delivered one step at a time, and are accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop, so you can fit learning around your life.
We believe learning should be an enjoyable, social experience, so our courses offer the opportunity to discuss what you’re learning with others as you go, helping you make fresh discoveries and form new ideas.
You can unlock new opportunities with unlimited access to hundreds of online short courses for a year by subscribing to our Unlimited package. Build your knowledge with top universities and organisations.